I’m not sure about you, but my skin is experiencing a serious slump. February always feels one of the duller months so I desperately needed a pre-Spring/Summer prep me up. Step forward, Simple’s Kind To Skin Illuminating Radiance Cream. A dab of this face cream above the cheekbones acts as a brightening highlighter, offering a gorgeous dewy finish. I’ve also been using it on my lips and eyelids- this is one magnificent multi-purpose product. Suddenly, that stressed out skincare regime has a new spring in its step. Combine with lashings of coffee and the day doesn’t seem so bad after all.
Caroline Frazer, Simple Skincare Expert & Celebrity Make-up Artist, has some more brightening beauty tips if you too are stuck in a similar skin rut. Jazz up your skincare schedule, just in time for Cupid’s arrow…
- Use a smidge of Simple Kind to Skin Light Moisturiser (RRP £2.99) to keep skin prepped and moisturised as you don’t want to apply your make-up to dry flaky skin.
- Dab on foundation with your fingers and only where you need it, to even out overall skin tone. Focus may be your chin, the sides of your nose where women often experience redness, and around your eyes and eyelids – basically all areas that can be prone to redness or dark shadows. Do a little at a time as you are aiming for even soft coverage and not a heavy cakey finish.
- The key to saving time whilst getting good results is to use products that are all purpose. For example a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. These kinds of products will give your skin a healthy even look and moisturise at the same time. Try the Simple Kind To Skin+ Perfecting Beauty Balm SPF15 (RRP £8.99) – it’s one of my favourite go to ‘do everything’ products
- A bronzer can work wonders at bringing dull complexions back to life. Dust under the cheekbones to slim down the face, under the jaw line and across the temples for a natural sun-kissed glow.To use the bronzer as a quick eye shadow, squeeze the brush bristles together and sweep the bronzer over the eye socket to create instant eye shadow. Using the same colour brings together the look and gives the face warmth and radiance in one stroke.
- Next rub in a 2 in 1 cheek and lip colour to give a youthful and healthy finish. There are lots out there but I like to keep Nars and Stila in my make-up kit as the formulas are great and come in such a good range of colours.
- Set your face with loose powder and a spritz of Simple Kind To Skin + Moisture Boost Hydro Mist (RRP £5.99) to help achieve naturally dewy skin. The fine mist absorbs instantly into the skin, helping to refresh and restore optimum moisture balance and can even be used over make-up if your make-up is looking a little heavy.